By signing up for a Shoptype Account (as defined in Section 1) or by using any Shoptype Services (as defined below), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (the “Terms of Service”).
As used in these Terms of Service, “we”, “us” and “Shoptype” means the applicable Shoptype Contracting Party (as defined in Section 4 below).
The services offered by Shoptype under the Terms of Service include various products and services to help you sell goods and services to buyers, whether online (“Online Services”), in person (“POS Services”), or both. Any such services offered by Shoptype are referred to in these Terms of Services as the “Services”. Any new features or tools which are added to the current Services shall be also subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the current version of the Terms of Service here. Shoptype reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to the Shoptype website. You are advised to check the Terms of Service from time to time for any updates or changes that may impact you. and if you do not accept such amendments, you must cease using the Services.
1. Account Terms
- To access and use the Services, you must register for a Shoptype account (“Account”) by providing your full legal name, current address, phone number, a valid email address, and any other required information. Shoptype may reject your application for an Account, or cancel an existing Account, for any reason, in our sole discretion.
- You must be the older of: (i) 18 years, or (ii) at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you reside and from which you use the Services to open an Account.
- You confirm that you are receiving any Services provided by Shoptype for the purposes of carrying on a business activity and not for any personal, household, or family purpose.
- You acknowledge that Shoptype will use the email address you provide on opening an Account or as updated by you from time to time as the primary method for communication with you.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure. Shoptype cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to maintain the security of your Account and password.
- You are responsible for all activity and content such as photos, images, videos, graphics, written content, audio files, code, information, or data uploaded, collected, generated, stored, displayed, distributed, transmitted, or exhibited on or in connection with your Account (“Materials”).
- A breach or violation of any term in the Terms of Service, including the AUP, as determined in the sole discretion of Shoptype may result in an immediate termination of your Services.
2. Account Activation
2.1 Store Owner
- Subject to section 2.1(2), the person signing up for the Service by opening an Account will be the contracting party (“Store Owner”) for the purposes of our Terms of Service and will be the person who is authorized to use any corresponding Account we may provide to the Store Owner in connection with the Service.
- If you are signing up for the Services on behalf of your employer, your employer shall be the Store Owner. If you are signing up for the Services on behalf of your employer, then you must use your employer-issued email address and you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind your employer to our Terms of Service.
- Your Shoptype Store can only be associated with one Store Owner. A Store Owner may have multiple Shoptype Stores. “Store” means the online store or physical retail location(s) associated with the Account.
2.2 Staff Accounts
- You can create one or more staff accounts (“Staff Accounts”) allowing other people to access the Account. With Staff Accounts, the Store Owner can set permissions and let other people work in their Account while determining the level of access by Staff Accounts to specific business information (for example, you can limit Staff Account access to sales information on the Reports page or prevent Staff Accounts from changing general store settings).
- The Store Owner is responsible and liable for the acts, omissions, and defaults arising from use of Staff Accounts in the performance of obligations under these Terms of Service as if they were the Store Owner’s own acts, omissions, or defaults.
- The Store Owner and the users under Staff Accounts are each referred to as a “Shoptype User”.
2.3 Payment Systems
- Upon completion of sign up for the Service, Shoptype will create a payment checkout account on your behalf, using your email address. Depending on your location, Shoptype may also create a Shoptype Payments account on your behalf.
- You acknowledge that the payment checkout method will be your default payment gateway(s) and that it is your sole responsibility as the Store Owner to activate and maintain these accounts. If you do not wish to keep either of the payment accounts active, as the Store Owner it is your responsibility to deactivate them. For the avoidance of doubt, the payment checkout method may be a Third Party Service, as defined in Section 17 of these Terms of Service.
3. General Conditions
- Technical support in respect of the Services is only provided to Shoptype Users.
- The Terms of Service shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California and the laws of the United States of America, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply to these Terms of Service and is hereby expressly excluded.
- You acknowledge and agree that Shoptype may amend these Terms of Service at any time by posting the relevant amended and restated Terms of Service on Shoptype’s website, available hereand such amendments to the Terms of Service are effective as of the date of posting. Your continued use of the Services after the amended Terms of Service are posted to Shoptype’s website constitutes your agreement to, and acceptance of, the amended Terms of Service. If you do not agree to any changes to the Terms of Service, do not continue to use the Service.
- You may not use the Shoptype Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws), the laws applicable to you in your customer’s jurisdiction, or the laws of the United States of America and the State of California. You will comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in your use of the Service and your performance of obligations under the Terms of Service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Services, or access to the Services without the express written permission by Shoptype.
- You shall not purchase search engine or other pay per click keywords (such as Google Ads), or domain names that use Shoptype or Shoptype trademarks and/or variations and misspellings thereof.
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to Shoptype Support.
- You understand that your Materials (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
- In the near future, the Services will allow you to send certain communications to your customers by short message service (SMS) messaging (for example, sending order confirmation notifications via SMS) (the “SMS Services”). You will only use the SMS Services in compliance with these Terms of Service, the SMS provider’s Acceptable Use Policy, and the laws of the jurisdiction from which you send messages, and in which your messages are received.
- The Terms of Service may be available in languages other than English. To the extent there are any inconsistencies or conflicts between these English Terms of Service and Shoptype’s Terms of Service available in another language, the current English version of the Terms of Service herewill prevail.
- All the terms and provisions of the Terms of Service shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties to the Terms of Service and to their respective heirs, successors, permitted assigns, and legal representatives. Shoptype shall be permitted to assign these Terms of Service without notice to you or consent from you. You shall have no right to assign or otherwise transfer the Terms of Service, or any of your rights or obligations hereunder, to any third party without Shoptype’s prior written consent, to be given or withheld in Shoptype’s sole discretion.
- If any provision, or portion of the provision, in these Terms of Service is, for any reason, held to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any respect, then such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability will not affect any other provision (or the unaffected portion of the provision) of the Terms of Service, and the Terms of Service will be construed as if such invalid, illegal, or unenforceable provision, or portion of the provision, had never been contained within the Terms of Service.
- Sections 1, 3(2)-(5), 4, 6-8, 14-15, 17(9)-(11), 19, 21 and 22 will survive the termination or expiration of these Terms of Service.
4. Shoptype Contracting Party
- If the billing address of your Store is located in the United States or Canada, this Section 4(1) applies to you:
“Shoptype Contracting Party” means Awake Market, Inc., a Delaware corporation, with offices located at 655 Oak Grove Ave, #329 Menlo Park, California 94026.
b. The parties irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of California with respect to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Terms of Service. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply to these Terms of Service and is hereby expressly excluded.
- If the billing address of your Store is located in the Asia Pacific region (including Australia, New Zealand, China, Japan, Singapore), this Section 4(2) applies to you:
“Shoptype Contracting Party” means Awake Market Singapore Pte. Ltd, a corporation formed under the laws of Singapore, with offices located at Singapore address TBD.
b. The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of Singapore are to have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise out of or in connection with the Terms of Service and that accordingly any proceedings arising out of or in connection with the Terms of Service shall be brought in such courts. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply to these Terms of Service and is hereby expressly excluded.
- If the billing address of your Store is located in EMEA region or other jurisdictions not listed in Section 4(1) or 4(2), including Europe and Russia, the Middle East, Africa, South America, Caribbean, or Mexico this Section 4(3) applies to you:
“Shoptype Contracting Party” means Awake Market Limited, a private company limited by shares, incorporated in Ireland under registration number TBD, with its registered offices located at Dublin, Ireland Address TBD and its website is at https://www.Shoptype.com/.
b. You irrevocably and unconditionally agree to submit to the jurisdiction of Irish courts, which have jurisdiction to settle any disputes which may arise out of or in connection with the validity, effect, interpretation or performance of these Terms of Service and you similarly irrevocably and unconditionally waive any objection to any claim that any suit, action, or proceeding has been brought by Shoptype in any other jurisdiction. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply to these Terms of Service and is hereby expressly excluded.
5. Shoptype Rights
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Services for any reason, without notice at any time. Not all Services and features are available in every jurisdiction and we are under no obligation to make any Services or features available in any jurisdiction.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Materials and suspend or terminate Accounts if we determine in our sole discretion that the goods or services offered via a Store, or the Materials uploaded or posted to a Store, violate our Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”)or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal or written abuse of any kind (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Shoptype customer, Shoptype employee, member, or officer will result in immediate Account termination.
- Shoptype does not pre-screen Materials and it is in our sole discretion to refuse or remove any Materials from the Service, including your Store.
- We reserve the right to provide our services to your competitors and make no promise of exclusivity in any particular market segment. You further acknowledge and agree that Shoptype employees and contractors may also be Shoptype customers/merchants and that they may compete with you, although they may not use your Confidential Information (as defined in Section 6) in doing so.
- In the event of a dispute regarding Account ownership, we reserve the right to request documentation to determine or confirm Account ownership. Documentation may include, but is not limited to, a scanned copy of your business license, government issued photo ID, the last four digits of the credit card on file, your status as an employee of an entity, etc.
- Shoptype retains the right to determine, in our sole judgment, rightful Account ownership and transfer an Account to the rightful Store Owner. If we are unable to reasonably determine the rightful Store Owner, without prejudice to our other rights and remedies, Shoptype reserves the right to temporarily disable an Account until resolution has been determined between the disputing parties.
- “Confidential Information” shall include, but shall not be limited to, any and all information associated with a party’s business and not publicly known, including specific business information, technical processes and formulas, software, customer lists, prospective customer lists, names, addresses and other information regarding customers and prospective customers, product designs, sales, costs (including any relevant processing fees), price lists, and other unpublished financial information, business plans and marketing data, and any other confidential and proprietary information, whether or not marked as confidential or proprietary. Shoptype’s Confidential Information includes all information that you receive relating to us, or to the Services, that is not known to the general public including information related to our security program and practices.
- Each party agrees to use the other party’s Confidential Information solely as necessary for performing its obligations under these Terms of Service and in accordance with any other obligations in these Terms of Service including this Section 6. Each party agrees that it shall take all reasonable steps, at least substantially equivalent to the steps it takes to protect its own proprietary information, to prevent the duplication, disclosure or use of any such Confidential Information, other than (i) by or to its employees, agents and subcontractors who must have access to such Confidential Information to perform such party’s obligations hereunder, who each shall treat such Confidential Information as provided herein, and who are each subject to obligations of confidentiality to such party that are at least as stringent as those contained herein; or (ii) as required by any law, regulation, or order of any court of proper jurisdiction over the parties and the subject matter contained in these Terms of Service, provided that, if legally permitted, the receiving party shall give the disclosing party prompt written notice and use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that such disclosure is accorded confidential treatment. Confidential Information shall not include any information that the receiving party can prove: (A) was already in the public domain, or was already known by or in the possession of the receiving party, at the time of disclosure of such information; (B) is independently developed by the receiving party without use of or reference to the other party’s Confidential Information, and without breaching any provisions of these Terms of Service; or (C) is thereafter rightly obtained by the receiving party from a source other than the disclosing party without breaching any provision of these Terms of Service.
7. Limitation of Liability
- You expressly understand and agree that, to the extent permitted by applicable laws, Shoptype shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses resulting from the use of or inability to use the Service.
- To the extent permitted by applicable laws, in no event shall Shoptype or our suppliers be liable for lost profits or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with our site, our Services or these Terms of Service (however arising including negligence). You agree to indemnify and hold us and, as applicable, our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, Shoptype partners, officers, directors, agents, employees, and suppliers harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms of Service or the documents it incorporates by reference (including the AUP), or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
- Shoptype does not manufacture, distribute, or provide any warranty or sell any of the products, services, information, or other materials purchased or obtained by you through the Services.
- Your use of the Services is at your sole risk. The Services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any warranty or condition, express, implied, or statutory.
- Shoptype does not warrant that the Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.
- Shoptype does not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the Services will be accurate or reliable.
- Shoptype does not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other materials purchased or obtained by you through the Services will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Services will be corrected.
8. Waiver and Complete Agreement
The failure of Shoptype to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service, including the documents it incorporates by reference, constitute the entire agreement between you and Shoptype and govern your use of the Services and your Account, superseding any prior agreements between you and Shoptype (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
9. Intellectual Property and Customer Content
- We do not claim any intellectual property rights over the Materials you provide to the Shoptype Service. All Materials you upload remain yours. You can remove your Shoptype Store at any time by deleting your Account.
- By uploading Materials, you agree: (a) to allow other internet users to view the Materials you post publicly to your Store; (b) to allow Shoptype to store, and in the case of Materials you post publicly, display, and use your Materials; and (c) that Shoptype can, at any time, review and delete all the Materials submitted to its Service, although Shoptype is not obligated to do so.
- You retain ownership over all Materials that you upload to the Store; however, by making your Store public, you agree to allow others to view Materials that you post publicly to your Store. You are responsible for compliance of the Materials with any applicable laws or regulations.
- Shoptype shall have the non-exclusive right and license to use the names, trademarks, service marks, and logos associated with your Store to promote the Service.
10. POS Services
In addition to the terms applicable to Services generally, the following terms apply to your access and use of the POS Services. The POS Services include the Shoptype POS software (“POS Software”), the Shoptype POS website, located at /pos, programs, documentation, apps, tools, internet-based services and components, Shoptype’s POS hardware (“POS Equipment”) and any updates thereto provided to you by Shoptype.
- Access to and use of the POS Services requires that you have an active and valid Account.
- If your POS Services are enabled with Shoptype Payments, you cannot concurrently use any other payment processing service. The payment gateway used for your POS Services must be the same as that used for your Online Services, if applicable.
- You can terminate your POS Services without terminating your Account or any other Services you subscribe to, and in such case, you will continue to be billed, and will pay for, the Services (other than the terminated POS Services).
- You agree to use the POS Services in accordance with all procedures that may be provided by Shoptype from time to time.
- While the POS Services use encryption technology, and the law generally prohibits third parties from monitoring transmission, we cannot guarantee security with respect to the connection to the POS Services, and we will not be liable for any unauthorized access to or use of data transmitted via the POS Services.
- POS Equipment is purchased, and not leased. Purchase of the POS Equipment is subject to the POS Equipment Agreement, located at https://www.Shoptype.com/legal/notice. Upon payment by you for the POS Equipment, and confirmation to you of shipment of the POS equipment, you will acquire ownership of and title to the hardware components of the POS Equipment, and you will be licensed to access and use all POS Software installed in the POS Equipment (and any updates thereto), on a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-sublicensable, non-transferable basis, solely for the purposes of using the POS Services. POS Equipment is subject to our Return Policy, which can be found at https://Shoptype.com/policies/return-policy. Returns and refunds are not available for the Chip & Swipe Reader, Swipe (Audio Jack) and physical gift cards purchased from the Shoptype Hardware Store.
- The Fees for POS Services shall be determined based on the number of locations at which you are using the POS Services. Locations are defined by business address and are used for associating orders with a specific business address. Locations are added through the Shoptype web administrative console associated with your Account. The number of locations using POS Services will also be detected by us and billed accordingly as part of your regular billing cycle. In the event of any discrepancy between the number of locations added by you through the Shoptype web administrative console and the number of locations detected by Shoptype, the number of locations detected by Shoptype shall be deemed to be correct.
11. Shoptype Shipping
Fulfillment, shipping, and liability for any and all purchases is provided by and the responsibility of the Shoptype Store and Store Owner, not Shoptype.
12. Theme Store
- You may establish the appearance of your Shoptype Store with a design template from Shoptype’s Theme Store (“a Theme”). If you download a Theme, you are licensed to use it for a single Store only. You are free to transfer a Theme to a second one of your own Stores if you close your first Store. To initiate a transfer of a Theme to a second one of your Stores, please contact Shoptype Support. You are not permitted to transfer or sell a Theme to any other person’s Store on Shoptype or elsewhere. Multiple Stores require multiple downloads and each download is subject to the applicable fee. Shoptype gives no assurance that a particular Theme will remain available for additional downloads.
- You may modify the Theme to suit your Store. Shoptype may add or modify the footer in a Theme that refers to Shoptype at its discretion. Shoptype may modify the Theme where it contains, in our sole discretion, an element that violates the Shoptype AUP or other provisions of the Terms of Service, even if you received the Theme in that condition. Shoptype may modify the Theme to reflect technical changes and updates as required.
- The intellectual property rights of the Theme remain the property of the designer. If you exceed the rights granted by your purchase of a Theme, the designer may take legal action against you, and, without prejudice to our other rights or remedies, Shoptype may take administrative action such as modifying your Store or closing your Store.
- Technical support for a Theme is the responsibility of the designer, and Shoptype accepts no responsibility to provide such support. Shoptype may be able to help you contact the designer.
- It is the responsibility of the user, and not Shoptype, to ensure that the installation of a new theme does not overwrite or damage the current or preexisting theme, or UI, of the user.
14. Payment of Fees
- You will pay the Fees applicable to your subscription to Online Service and/or POS Services (“Subscription Fees”) and any other applicable fees, including but not limited to applicable fees relating to the value of sales made through your Store when using all payment providers (“Transaction Fees”), and any fees relating to your purchase or use of any products or services such as Shoptype Payments, POS Equipment, shipping, apps, Themes, domain names, Experts Marketplace, or Third Party Services (“Additional Fees”). Together, the Subscription Fees, Transaction Fees and the Additional Fees are referred to as the “Fees”.
- You must keep a valid payment method on file with us to pay for all incurred and recurring Fees. Shoptype will charge applicable Fees to any valid payment method that you authorize (“Authorized Payment Method”), and Shoptype will continue to charge the Authorized Payment Method for applicable Fees until the Services are terminated, and any and all outstanding Fees have been paid in full. Unless otherwise indicated, all Fees and other charges are in U.S. dollars, and all payments shall be in U.S. currency.
- Subscription Fees are paid in advance and will be billed in 30 day intervals (each such date, a “Billing Date”). Transaction Fees and Additional Fees will be charged from time to time at Shoptype’s discretion. You will be charged on each Billing Date for all outstanding Fees that have not previously been charged. Fees will appear on an invoice, which will be sent to the Store Owner via the email provided. As well, an invoice will appear on the Account page of your Store’s administration console. Users have approximately two weeks to bring up and settle any issues with the billing of Subscription Fees.
- If we are not able to process payment of Fees using an Authorized Payment Method, we will make a second attempt to process payment using any Authorized Payment Method 3 days later. If the second attempt is not successful, we will make a final attempt 3 days following the second attempt. If our final attempt is not successful, we may suspend and revoke access to your Account and the Services. Your Account will be reactivated upon your payment of any outstanding Fees, plus the Fees applicable to your next billing cycle. You may not be able to access your Account or your storefront during any period of suspension. If the outstanding Fees remain unpaid for 60 days following the date of suspension, Shoptype reserves the right to terminate your Account.
- All Fees are exclusive of applicable federal, provincial, state, local, or other governmental sales, goods and services (including Goods and Sales Tax under the Goods and Services Tax Act, Chapter 117A of Singapore), harmonized or other taxes, fees, or charges now in force or enacted in the future (“Taxes”).
- You are responsible for all applicable Taxes that arise from or as a result of your subscription to or purchase of products and services through Shoptype. To the extent that Shoptype charges applicable Taxes that arise from or as a result of your subscription to or purchase of products and services through Shoptype, the Taxes are calculated using the tax rates that apply based on the billing address you provide to us. Such amounts are in addition to the Fees for such products and services and will be billed to your Authorized Payment Method. If you are exempt from payment of such Taxes, you must provide us with evidence of your exemption, which in some jurisdictions includes an original certificate that satisfies applicable legal requirements attesting to tax-exempt status. Tax exemption will only apply from and after the date we receive evidence satisfactory to Shoptype of your exemption.
- We pass the money that we collect for Taxes along to the Store and Store Owner. The Store and Store Owner are responsible for paying those Taxes to the applicable tax authority, and all tax liability is the responsibility of the Store and Store Owner. The Store and Store Owner indemnify and hold harmless Shoptype for all liability related to Taxes and the payment thereof after Shoptype passes the collected Taxes to either one of them.
- The Store and Store Owner are responsible for fulfilling all sales, shipping the product(s), providing any associated warranty, and assuming and all liability and responsibility related to the product(s) or service(s) sold through their Store. The Store and Store Owner shall determine if shipping costs will be paid by the buyer or Store. Shoptype will calculate, deduct, and retain Network Fees from each sales transaction based upon specific percentage criteria determined by the Store, as recorded in the Shoptype Ledger.
- Shoptype will calculate, deduct, and retain Profit Shares from each sales transaction based upon specific percentage criteria as recorded in the Shoptype Ledger. The Store determines some of the Profit Shares, and others are fixed.
- For the avoidance of doubt, all sums payable by you to Shoptype under these Terms of Service shall be paid free and clear of any deductions or withholdings whatsoever. Other than Taxes charged by Shoptype to you and remitted to the appropriate tax authorities on your behalf, any deductions or withholdings that are required by law shall be borne and paid by you separately to the relevant taxation authority. Shoptype shall be entitled to charge the full amount of Fees stipulated under these Terms of Service to your Authorized Payment Method ignoring any such deduction or withholding that may be required.
- You must maintain an accurate location in the administration menu of your Shoptype Store. If you change jurisdictions you must promptly update your location in the administration menu.
- With the exception of Network Fees and Profit Shares, Shoptype does not provide refunds. Network Fees and Profit Shares are only refundable if a transaction is reversed within 30 days. After those 30 days, Network Fees and Profit Shares are no longer refundable.
15. Cancellation and Termination
- You may cancel your Account and terminate the Terms of Service at any time by contacting Shoptype Supportand then following the specific instructions indicated to you in Shoptype’s response.
- Upon termination of the Services by either party for any reason:
- Shoptype will cease providing you with the Services and you will no longer be able to access your Account;
- unless otherwise provided in the Terms of Service, you will not be entitled to any refunds of any Fees, pro rata or otherwise;
- any outstanding balance owed to Shoptype for your use of the Services through the effective date of such termination will immediately become due and payable in full; and
- your Store website will be taken offline.
- If at the date of termination of the Service, there are any outstanding Fees owing by you, you will receive one final invoice via email. Once that invoice has been paid in full, you will not be charged again.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Shoptype Service, the Terms of Service and/or your Account for any reason, without notice at any time. Termination of the Terms of Service shall be without prejudice to any rights or obligations which arose prior to the date of termination.
- Fraud: Without limiting any other remedies, Shoptype may suspend or terminate your Account if we suspect that you (by conviction, settlement, insurance or escrow investigation, or otherwise) have engaged in fraudulent activity in connection with the use of the Services.
16. Modifications to the Service and Prices
- Prices for using the Services are subject to change upon 30 days’ notice from Shoptype. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Shoptype Site (Shoptype.com) or the administration menu of your Shoptype Store via an announcement.
- Shoptype reserves the right at any time, and from time to time, to modify or discontinue, the Services (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Shoptype shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuation of the Service.
17. Third Party Services, Shoptype Experts, and Shoptype Experts Marketplace
- Shoptype may from time to time recommend, provide you with access to, or enable third party software, applications (“Apps”), products, services, or website links (collectively, “Third Party Services”) for your consideration or use, including via the Shoptype App Store, or Shoptype Experts Marketplace. Such Third Party Services are made available only as a convenience, and your purchase, access, or use of any such Third Party Services is solely between you and the applicable third party services provider (“Third Party Provider”). In addition to these Terms of Service, you also agree to be bound by the terms applicable to services you purchase from, or that are provided by, Third Party Providers.
- Shoptype Experts Marketplace is an online directory of independent third parties (“Experts”) that can help you build and operate your Shoptype Store.
- You can engage and work with an Expert directly or through Shoptype Experts Marketplace. Shoptype Experts Marketplace provides you with recommendations on Experts that can assist you with different aspects of your Store. Using Shoptype Experts Marketplace, you can find, hire, and communicate with Experts directly from your Account.
- Any use by you of Third Party Services offered through the Services, Shoptype Experts, Shoptype Experts Marketplace, or Shoptype’s website is entirely at your own risk and discretion, and it is your responsibility to read the terms and conditions and/or privacy policies applicable to such Third Party Services before using them. In some instances, Shoptype may receive a revenue share from Third Party Providers that Shoptype recommends to you or that you otherwise engage through your use of the Services, Shoptype Experts, Shoptype Experts Marketplace, or Shoptype’s website.
- We do not provide any warranties or make representations to you with respect to Third Party Services. You acknowledge that Shoptype has no control over Third Party Services and shall not be responsible or liable to you or anyone else for Third Party Services. The availability of Third Party Services on Shoptype’s websites, including the Shoptype App Store or Shoptype Experts Marketplace, or the integration or enabling of such Third Party Services with the Services does not constitute or imply an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, or affiliation by or with Shoptype. Shoptype does not guarantee the availability of Third Party Services and you acknowledge that Shoptype may disable access to any Third Party Services at any time in its sole discretion and without giving notice to you. Shoptype is not responsible or liable to anyone for discontinuation or suspension of access to, or disablement of, any Third Party Service. Shoptype strongly recommends that you seek specialist advice before using or relying on Third Party Services, to ensure they will meet your needs. In particular, tax calculators should be used for reference only and not as a substitute for independent tax advice, when determining the correct tax rates you should charge to your customers.
- You acknowledge and agree that: (i) by submitting a request for assistance or other information through Shoptype Experts Marketplace, you consent to being contacted by one or more Experts at the Store Owner’s registered email address (or such other email address provided by you) as well as the applicable user email address; and (ii) Shoptype will receive all email communications exchanged via Shoptype Experts Marketplace or in any reply emails (each a “Reply”) that originate from Shoptype Experts Marketplace (directly or indirectly) between yourself and Experts. You further agree that Shoptype may share your contact details and the background information that you submit via the Shoptype Experts Marketplace with Experts. Experts may require access to certain admin pages on your Shoptype Store. You choose the pages that the Experts can access.
- The relationship between you and any Third Party Provider is strictly between you and such Third Party Provider, and Shoptype is not obligated to intervene in any dispute arising between you and a Third Party Provider.
- Under no circumstances shall Shoptype be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive, extraordinary, exemplary, or other damages whatsoever, that result from any Third Party Services or your contractual relationship with any Third Party Provider, including any Expert. These limitations shall apply even if Shoptype has been advised of the possibility of such damages. The foregoing limitations shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
- You agree to indemnify and hold us and (as applicable) our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, Shoptype partners, officers, directors, agents, employees, and suppliers harmless from any claim or demand, including but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of a Third Party Service or your relationship with a Third Party Provider.
18. Beta Services
From time to time, Shoptype may, in its sole discretion, invite you to use, on a trial basis, pre-release or beta features that are in development and not yet available to all merchants (“Beta Services”). Beta Services may be subject to additional terms and conditions, which Shoptype will provide to you prior to your use of the Beta Services. Such Beta Services and all associated conversations and materials relating thereto will be considered Shoptype Confidential Information and subject to the confidentiality provisions in this agreement. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you agree that you will not make any public statements or otherwise disclose your participation in the Beta Services without Shoptype’s prior written consent. Shoptype makes no representations or warranties that the Beta Services will function. Shoptype may discontinue the Beta Services at any time in its sole discretion. Shoptype will have no liability for any harm or damage arising out of or in connection with a Beta Service. The Beta Services may not work in the same way as a final version. Shoptype may change or not release a final or commercial version of a Beta Service in our sole discretion.
19. Feedback and Reviews
Shoptype welcomes any ideas and/or suggestions regarding improvements or additions to the Services. Under no circumstances shall any disclosure of any idea, suggestion or related material or any review of the Services, Third Party Services or any Third Party Provider (collectively, “Feedback”) to Shoptype be subject to any obligation of confidentiality or expectation of compensation. By submitting Feedback to Shoptype (whether submitted directly to Shoptype or posted on any Shoptype hosted forum or page), you waive any and all rights in the Feedback and that Shoptype is free to implement and use the Feedback if desired, as provided by you or as modified by Shoptype, without obtaining permission or license from you or from any third party. Any reviews of a Third Party Service or Third Party Provider that you submit to Shoptype must be accurate to the best of your knowledge, and must not be illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable. Shoptype reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit Feedback of Third Party Services or Third Party Providers, but does not regularly inspect posted Feedback.
20. DMCA Notice and Takedown Procedure
Shoptype supports the protection of intellectual property and asks Shoptype merchants to do the same. It’s our policy to respond to all notices of alleged copyright infringement. If someone believes that one of our merchants is infringing their intellectual property rights, they can send a DMCA Notice to Shoptype’s designated agent using our form. Upon receiving a DMCA Notice, we may remove or disable access to the Materials claimed to be a copyright infringement. Once provided with a notice of takedown, the merchant can reply with a counter notification using our form if they object to the complaint. The original complainant has 14 business days after we receive a counter notification to seek a court order restraining the merchant from engaging in the infringing activity, and if the original complainant does not file the request for this court order within this time frame we may restore the material. For more information, see our DMCA Notice and Takedown Procedure.
21. Rights of Third Parties
Save for Shoptype and its affiliates, Shoptype Users or anyone accessing Shoptype Services pursuant to these Terms of Service, unless otherwise provided in these Terms of Service, no person or entity who is not a party to these Terms of Service shall have any right to enforce any term of these Terms of Service, regardless of whether such person or entity has been identified by name, as a member of a class or as answering a particular description. For the avoidance of doubt, this shall not affect the rights of any permitted assignee or transferee of these Terms.
22. Privacy & Data Protection
Additionally, if: (a) you are established in the European Economic Area (EEA); (b) you provide goods or services to customers in the EEA; or (c) you are otherwise subject to the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, Shoptype’s collection and use of personal information of any European residents is also subject to our Data Processing Addendum.